Wednesday 14 May 2014

May Reading in Twitterature

Most of my reading in April and May has been in Finnish. No use to put those books into Twitterature posts, because they aren't likely to ever be translated into English.

But I do have three good books to recommend for you, and I'm happy to be able to link with Modern Mrs Darcy's Twitterature link-up of short book reviews.

Brené Brown: Daring Greatly
#foodforthought

Keri Wyatt Kent: Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus
If you are looking for a profound and practical devotional, this is it.
And if you want to read more about this book, please check out Tim Fall's review; that's where I found this book. Thanks, Tim!

It's so good I really don't know what to say about it. I could not have given myself a better (early) Mother's Day present. 

As Lisa-Jo Baker herself wrote, it's not a how-to book but a me-too book. Her story is in many ways very different from mine, but lots of things just 'clicked' and resonated. 

Do read it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment