Tuesday 17 December 2013

Adventures in Gluten-Free Baking

Gluten-free baking is an everyday adventure. I do it because I want all the members of our extended family to be able to enjoy the holiday treats when we get together next week.
I'm not a professional baker, just a fairly confident home baker - still, it's always a bit of a surprise how the results turn out. Especially with gluten-free baking.

Gingerbread houses are not everyday stuff, but they're adventure, and they're fun. I and my son have a yearly tradition to make a GF gingerbread house. Except it doesn't have to be a house. One year, it was a racing track with cars. This year's model is a gluten-free birdhouse.


We're home bakers and we don't try to attain perfection. We don't do grand big creations with lots of intricate details and piped icing.
We'll look at that kind of gingerbread houses on the Internet and go "wow".
Then we do our own thing. Small, manageable (gluten-free gingerbread breaks easily) and with plenty of sweets.

This was today's adventure. Tomorrow's will be transporting this without breaking it to my in-laws'. (Can you guess why I photograph it at home?)

Have a blessed advent time!

No comments:

Post a Comment